The Bikol Society in Austria has “introduced some changes” in the traditional celebration of the Feast of Our Lady of Penafrancia this month due to the threat of the coronavirus disease (COVID) pandemic.
“For those unable to attend, join us in prayer from 11 to 18 September 2020 at 18:00 and on 19 September 2020 at 11:00,” Marizel Rojas, President of the Bikol Society Austria encouraged the faithful to recite the traditional novena to Our Lady of Penafrancia.
Due to the CoViD-19 pandemic restrictions, there will be no Fluvial Procession on the Danube river.
“Novena prayers is available on the Bikol society website – www.bikolsociety-austria.org
Rojas encourages devotees from outside Vienna to attend the novena Masses aired through media and Internet.
The cancellation of the festivities should inspire us to discover how our faith can lead us to be gentle and humble in receiving the grace of God in the face of this pandemic.
Schedule of activities :
11-18 September 2020, 18:00, Novena, Mass and Take Away Agape, Salvator am Wienerfeld, Wienerfeldgasse 11. 1100 Vienna, Austria
- 19 September 2020, 11:00, Procession, Mass and Agape,
- 20 September 2020, 11:00, Mass on the Solemnity of Our Lady,
- Please let us know if you can attend, since seats are limited
- RSVP: M: 069914596190, FB: Marizel Rojas
- For those unable to attend, attached is the Novena to Our Ina. Join us in prayer from 11 to 18 September 2020 at 18:00 and on 19 September 2020 at 11:00.
- Feel free to share the Novenario with your family and friends. For those who would like to have hard copies, please contact any of our BSA Officers: Sidney Soloria, Noemi Callo Roselie Liao April Williams Renee Quisumbing Liberty Maristela Estella and Hermana Mayors 2020: Malou Guevarra and Lolit Vendivil Kaszuba
— Hector Pascua
This post has already been read 144 times!