A perpetrator still on the run – “stay at home!”

0 0
Spread the love
Read Time:1 Minute, 20 Second

Shortly after 1 a.m. in the night, a press conference of Interior Minister Karl Nehammer takes place in the Ministry of the Interior. Earlier, he had already condemned the attacks as terrorist attacks. On Twitter he wrote that they were still “in the fight against terror”.

“This is the most difficult day for Austria in many years,” said Karl Nehammer at the beginning of the press conference: “We are dealing with a terrorist attack that we have not had to experience for a long time. The Interior Minister spoke of several injured and several dead. He also explains that a heavily armed terrorist was “eliminated” by the special units. At least one perpetrator is still on the run. This is another reason why Nehammer appeals to the population: “Stay at home!

The Minister of the Interior also explained that there will be no compulsory schooling for children on Tuesday. Parents may leave school-age children at home. Finally, he thanked all the emergency forces on the streets and emphasized: “Whoever attacks one of us, attacks us all.

Franz Ruf, Director General for Public Safety, mentioned that a crisis management team had been convened: “The order of the day is that we provide emergency response. Police Commissioner Gerhard Prünstl said that it was challenging to get people out of the city center or leave them there. Now it is up to us to use all the possibilities of criminalistic experience to track down the perpetrators. However, he said that no results could be delivered yet.

  • hector pascua, source: interior ministry and news agencies. Picutre: screenshot: orf.at
Happy
Happy
0 %
Sad
Sad
0 %
Excited
Excited
0 %
Sleepy
Sleepy
0 %
Angry
Angry
0 %
Surprise
Surprise
0 %

This post has already been read 840 times!

Related posts

Average Rating

5 Star
0%
4 Star
0%
3 Star
0%
2 Star
0%
1 Star
0%

Leave a Comment