- What are the benefits of ID Austria?
With the so-called ID Austria, you can identify yourself digitally via smartphone and confirm your identity. This is done via an app called “Digital Office. With ID Austria, you can save yourself from bureaucracy and trips to the authorities. You must have a smartphone with face or fingerprint recognition and be at least 14 years old. ID Austria is the successor to the cell phone signature. According to Florian Tursky, State Secretary for Digitization, the ID Austria is a “digital identity” recognized across the EU, unlike the cell phone signature. It can be used, for example, to show a digital driver’s license or proof of age or to sign digital documents online. The electronic signature is valid like one’s own and can be used throughout Europe. You can also have documents such as registration slips and extracts from criminal records delivered electronically via ID Austria and have them ready for retrieval.
- When do I have to switch? One can already switch from a cell phone signature to an ID Austria. Starting December 5, those with a cell phone signature will automatically be guided through the necessary steps to switch over the next time they sign up.
- What do I need to switch? Suppose your cell phone signature is set up with your passport or ID card via an authority (tax office, provincial police directorates, district administrative offices, municipal authorities). In that case, you can switch to the full version of ID Austria automatically and from home. All you need to do is enter the passport or ID card number and follow the instructions. If you have not registered your signature with the authorities, you will only get the basic version and must go to the authorities with your ID card to get the full version. Digitalizing the driver’s license and signing up for Finanz Online is impossible with the basic version. You can book an appointment with an authority at www.digitalaustria.gv.at or by phone at (050) 233 700.
- And what if I don’t have a cell phone signature yet? You must go to the authorities if you don’t have a cell phone signature. You can make an appointment online or by phone (see question 3). You can register with a so-called FIDO security key if you don’t have a cell phone. For more information, visit www.oesterreich.gv.at.
- Is my data safe there? State Secretary for Digitization Tursky states that ID Austria meets “the highest security and data protection standards.” The E-Government Act logs data. Biometric data is not stored.
source: kleinezeitung.at/picture: ID Austria: Mein Ich-organisiere-das-von-überall-Ausweis (oesterreich.gv.at)
This post has already been read 767 times!