Blowing out birthday candles: this is what really ends up on the cake

0 0
Spread the love
Read Time:1 Minute, 16 Second

For many people, blowing out the candles on the birthday cake to the invited guests’ cheers is simply part of the fun. But anyone who thinks the act is completely harmless is mistaken.

At most birthday parties, a piece of cake is served. Under certain circumstances, however, these can be teeming with viruses and bacteria.

Up to 1400% more bacteria are possible
According to the study Bacterial Transfer Associated with Blowing Out Candles on a Birthday Cake, published in the Journal of Food Research, there are sometimes a few not-so-nice surprises waiting on the birthday cake.

If the birthday boy or girl blows out the candles on the cake, many bacteria and viruses can spread unhindered on the chocolate cake or cream cake. The study states this:

Blowing out candles over cake icing led to 1400% more bacteria than cake icing over which candles were not blown out.

It’s better to do without sparklers
However, as GEO reports, those invited need not panic immediately. Blowing out birthday candles is more or less questionable if the birthday child is ill.

However, what celebrants should keep their hands off is sparklers on the cake. The newspaper Freundin comments:

The fire residue contains the toxic substance “barium nitrate” and should not be consumed under any circumstances. The chemical can build up in the body over a long period of time and lead to muscle cramps, cardiac arrhythmia, diarrhea, vomiting, and shortness of breath, among other things.
– source: gentside.de/picture: Bild von profivideos auf Pixabay

Happy
Happy
0 %
Sad
Sad
0 %
Excited
Excited
0 %
Sleepy
Sleepy
0 %
Angry
Angry
0 %
Surprise
Surprise
0 %

This post has already been read 5102 times!

Related posts

Average Rating

5 Star
0%
4 Star
0%
3 Star
0%
2 Star
0%
1 Star
0%

Leave a Comment