We must be prepared for more and more periods of illness in the winter months. Especially when there is an increase in colds, flu infections, and corona. This year’s flu wave is already picking up speed. At the beginning of December, more and more infection figures were reported. In Vienna, you can get a free flu vaccination since November 2.
But what if you are already sick? What is the difference between the corona, flu, or cold symptoms?
How to distinguish between corona, flu, and a cold
Symptoms of corona: Here’s how covid 19 disease manifests itself
- Tiredness and fatigue
- Shortness of breath and difficulty breathing
- Sometimes loss of sense of taste or smell, sore throat, headache, and aching limbs.
- Diarrhea or skin rash
- Mild courses often show symptoms of a cold
- Symptoms of influenza
- sudden onset of illness with a fever (38.5 °C)
- dry, irritating cough
- muscle aches and headaches
- Symptoms of the common cold (upper respiratory tract infection)
- gradual onset
- sore throat
- diarrhea and nausea
- moderate fever
- Corona, flu or cold: what to do when you show symptoms?
- It can be quite challenging to distinguish between clinical pictures. The overlapping symptoms of fever, cough and aching limbs make it challenging to separate corona from the flu or figure out if it’s “just” a cold. For this reason, the motto is still to test.
Stay home if you have symptoms, call the 1450 hotline and find out what to do. You can also ask someone to throw in a gargle test. Be careful not to get too close to the person when handing it over. Even if you are vaccinated, you may have contracted the coronavirus. By the way, the same is true for the flu shot and influenza virus.
- source: k.at/picture: pixabay.com
This post has already been read 80 times!